The Research Centre for Medical Genetics will announce preliminary results of a pilot project of mass neonatal screening for spinal muscular atrophy (SMA) and primary immunodeficiencies
The pilot project of mass neonatal screening was organized by the Research Centre for Medical Genetics and supported by Dmitry Rogachev National Research Center and the Ministries of Health of the regions.
Screening started on April 22, 2022. Today 4 regions are connected to the pilot project. Within one month of work, the first patients have already been identified.
The press conference will be attended by:
- S.V. Voronin, Chief physician of the Research Centre for Medical Genetics
- R.A. Zinchenko, Deputy Director for Scientific and Clinical Work of the Research Centre for Medical Genetics, Doctor of Medical Sciences, Professor
- S.A. Matulevich, Head of the Kuban Interregional Medical Genetic Consultation, Chief Freelance Geneticist of the Ministry of Health of the Krasnodar Territory
The press conference will announce:
- number of patients diagnosed to date
- regions where the first patients were identified
The specialists of the Research Centre for Medical Genetics will also answer the questions of journalists.
The press conference will air on the Youtube channel of the Research Centre for Medical Genetics https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCYkx2b0rmEQ7jgoPc4I2KbQ
Venue adress: Moscow, Moskvorechye street 1
Venue time: from 11:00 to 12:00
Accreditation by phone 8-985-133-79-63