The Research Centre for Medical Genetics collaborates with Russian and foreign institutes to provide fundamental and clinical research in the field of medical genetics and molecular biology, as well as development and implementation of new methods for the prevention, diagnosis and treatment of hereditary diseases. Researchers of the center have a wide range of scientific interests: cancer genetics, neuromuscular diseases, hereditary metabolic diseases, cystic fibrosis, and many others. The RCMG has established successful partnerships with investigators and doctors from leading academic institutions, as well as pharmaceutical, biotechnological, diagnostic and genomic companies.
We are open for collaborations in the field of medical genetics. If you want to collaborate with laboratories or doctors of our center, please, write an e-mail on firstname.lastname@example.org.
RCMG is a member of the Orphanet Consortium
RCMG is a member of the Orphanet Consortium
The Orphanet Consortium (www.orpha.net) was created in 1997 in France as one of the projects of the EU program to support patients with orphan (rare) diseases, improve diagnostic methods and develop innovative approaches to the treatment of these diseases. In 2000, Orphanet opened an information portal on rare diseases and treatment. Today it is the largest consortium providing information in 8 languages.
Orphanet resources are intended for doctors, patients and their relatives, public organizations, researchers, biotechnological and pharmaceutical companies, public health institutions and research centers, as well as public authorities. RCMG is the only Russian organization authorized to develop a national website of the Orphanet portal in Russian and adapt the accumulated medical and scientific information to the needs of a Russian-speaking audience.
Since 1987, Research Centre for Medical Genetics takes part in WHO Collaborating Centre for the Prevention of Hereditary Diseases to support capacity building for genomics and genetics health services in the European Region, to work with WHO to implement WHO Global strategy on Genomics and to support adapting genetic services into primary health care at national level.
Since 2002, Research Centre for Medical Genetics has been a member of the largest European hematology association European LeukemiaNet (ELN). As part of the collaboration, the Center’s employees participate in the Annual Symposium of the European LeukemiaNet (Mannheim, Germany) as experts in the diagnosis and monitoring of treatment of myeloproliferative neoplasia, annually participate in conferences, round tables and schools for young scientists.
Since 2007, RCMG has been collaborating with the European Cystic Fibrosis Society to manage and update The European Cystic Fibrosis Society Patient Registry.
Since 2012, the Center has been participating in the Clinical and Functional Translation of CFTR (CFTR2) project to update project’s database of CFTR gene variants in patients with cystic fibrosis. The database is available at http://www.cftr2.org.
Since 2014, Research Centre for Medical Genetics is one of the collaborators in the EpiRare program (European Platform for Rare Disease Registries, European Platform for Rare Disease Registers).The main goal of the program is to support registries and databases of rare diseases for epidemiological purposes, which should lead to a breakthrough in the diagnosis of rare diseases. EpiRare website http://www.epirare.eu/.
- FSBI Russian Blokhin N.N. Cancer Research Center
- Moscow Gertsen P.A. Research Institute of Oncology under the Russian Ministry of Health
- The Helmholtz Moscow Research Institute of Eye Diseases under the Russian Ministry of Health
- FSBI Shemyakin-Ovchinnikov Institute of Bioorganic Chemistry, RAS
- FSBI Research Centre of Neurology
- FSBI V. A. Negovsky Research Institute of General Resuscitation
- FSBI V.A. Nasonova Research Institute of Rheumatology
- FSBI Research Centre for Mental Health
- FSBI Engelhardt Institute of Molecular Biology of RAS
- FSBI Institute of Problems of Chemical Physics of RAS
- FSBI Research Institute of occupational medicine
- Institute of biochemistry and genetics, Ufa Research Centre of RAS
- FSBI Hematology Research Centre under Russian Ministry of Health
- Biology Research Institute, South Federal University (Rostov-on-Don)
- FSBI Research Institute of Human Morphology
- Kurchatov Institute Research Centre
- FSBI Federal Research Centre for Epidemiology and Microbiology named after the honorary academician N.F. Gamaleya of the RF Ministry of Health
- FSBI Central Research Institute of Dentistry and Maxillofacial Surgery of the RF Ministry of Health
- FSBI Institute on Laser and Information Technologies of RAS
- FSBI Orekhovich V.N. Research Institute of Biomedical Chemistry
- Institute of Experimental Medicine and Biotechnology of Samara State Medical University
- D.I. Ivanovsky Research Institute of Virology under Russian Ministry of Health
- A. N. Belozersky Research Institute of Physical and Chemical Biology
- FSBI Vavilov N.I Institute if General Genetics of RAS
- Federal Institution of Science G.N. Gabrichevsky Moscow Research Institute of Epidemiology and Microbiology of Federal Service for Surveillance on Consumer Rights Protection and Human Wellbeing
- FSBI Pulmonology Research Institute of Medical and Biological Agency of Russia
- F.G. Dobrzhansky Centre for Bioinformatics of Saint-Petersburg State University
- Institute of Humanitarian Studies of the Republic of Bashkortostan (Ufa)
- Institute of Molecular Biology of the National Academy of Sciences (Armenia)
- Centre for Life Sciences
- Australian Centre for Ancient DNA (Australia, Adelaide)
- Mongolian Academy of Medical Science (Mongolia, Ulan Bator)
- SSI Institute of Genetics and Cytology of National Academy of Sciences, Belorussia
- Institute of Ecology of Academy of Sciences, Republic of Abkhazia
- Life as a Miracle Charity Fund
- SBEI HPE I.M. Sechenov First Moscow State Medical University, RF Ministry Of Health
- SBEI HPE Pirogov Russian National Research Medical University, RF Ministry Of Health
- A.I. Evdokimov Moscow State Medical Dental University
- Lomonosov Moscow State University
- I.P. Pavlov First Saint Petersburg State Medical University
- SBEI HPE RostSMU RF Ministry Of Health
- Kuban Medical Academy (Krasnodar)
- Kuban Medical Academy (Krasnodar)
- Moscow Institute of Linguistics
- Russian State Humanitarian University
- Moscow Institute of Physics and Technology
- Moscow Aviation Institute
- Saint Petersburg State University
- Kemerovo State University
- Amur Humanitarian and Education State University (Komsomolsk-on-Amur)
- V.N. Karazin Kharkov National University й (Ukraine)
- L.I. Gumilev Eurasia National University (Astana, Kazakhstan )
- Nazarbayev University (Astana, Kazakhstan)
- The Lebanese American University, Chouran (Beirut, Lebanon)
- Department of Archaeology and Anthropology, University of Cambridge (Cambridge, UK)
- Department of ecology and evolutionary biology, University of Arizona (Tucson, USA)
- UO Belarusian State Medical University
- FSBI Russian Children's Clinical Hospital, Ministry of Health of Russia
- Scientific and Practical Centre of Pediatric Psychoneurology of the Moscow Department of Health
- City Children's Hospital №1, St. Petersburg
- SBI I. I. Dzhanelidze St.-Pet. Institute of Emergency care
- SBHI of Sverdlovsk Region Institute of Medical Cell Technologies
- Children’s City Hospital No.1, Saint Petersburg
- Ministry of Health of the Karachay-Cherkess Republic
- FSI S.N. Fedorov NMRC "MNTK "Eye Microsurgery"
- City Clinical Hospital № 15 (Moscow)
- SBI of Healthcare of Moscow N.F. Filatov Children's Clinical Hospital №13, Moscow Department of Health
- SBI of Healthcare of Moscow «Scientific and Practical Centre for Mental Health of Children and Adolescents» Moscow Department of Health
- Brompton Hospital (London, UK)
- University Medical Center, Rotterdam (the Netherlands)
- Forensic Department of the RF IC in the Novosibirsk region (Novosibirsk)
- Russian State Agrarian University – K.A. Timiryasev Moscow Agricultural Academy