New media project of the Research Centre for Medical Genetics - "At the genetic level" podcast
We are glad to announce the emergence of a new media project of the Research Centre for Medical Genetics –"At the genetic level" science podcast.
We explain in layman's terms the basic concepts of medical genetics, history, hereditary diseases, therapy, we debunk myths and confirm the facts.
Guests of the issue: leading experts of the Research Centre for Medical Genetics, doctors and scientists working in the field of medical genetics.
Release frequency: once every 2 weeks
In the first issue, we talked about the basic concepts of medical genetics, history and hereditary diseases with Olga Shchagina, Ph.D., Head of the Laboratory of Molecular Genetic Diagnostics 1, Leading researcher of the Laboratory of DNA diagnostics of the Research Centre for Medical Genetics
In the second issue, we talked about genome editing.
- Svetlana Smirnikhina – Ph.D., Head of the Laboratory of Genome Editing of the Research Centre for Medical Genetics
- Olga Shchagina – Ph.D., Head of the Laboratory of Molecular Genetic Diagnostics 1 of the Research Centre for Medical Genetics
- How accurate is genetic testing in predicting hereditary diseases, ethnic makeup and family history, child's talents?
- We explain the term "genetic engineering"
- What is genome editing?
- Do couples need to undergo genetic testing when planning on having children?
- Can GM food have an effect on our genes?
- Are there "millennium development goals" in medical genetics?... and much more
Listen to us:
Apple Podcasts: https://usnd.to/CMe0
Google Podcasts: https://usnd.to/CM8W
Podcast Addict: https://podcastaddict.com/
You can also listen to the episode of the first season on the website www.med-gen.ru in the "Press Center, Podcasts" section https://med-gen.ru/press-tcentr/podkasty/
Subscribe and leave your comments under the releases.