The conference "Bronchiectasis: cystic fibrosis and not only..." brought together global audience of more than 600 listeners
On May 13-14, 2022, the city of Kazan hosted the conference “Bronchiectasis: cystic fibrosis and not only…”.
The Ministry of Health of the Republic of Tatarstan
The Russian Society of Medical Geneticists
The National Research Center for Pulmonology
The Research Centre for Medical Genetics
The conference was attended by:
- Sergey Nikolayevich Avdeev, Head of the Department of Pulmonology, Head of the Clinic of Pulmonology and Respiratory Medicine of the I.M. Sechenov First Moscow State Medical University, Chief Pulmonologist of the Ministry of Health of the Russian Federation, Corresponding Member of the Russian Academy of Sciences
- Elena Lvovna Amelina, Head of the Cystic Fibrosis Laboratory of the Research Institute of Pulmonology of the Federal Medical-Biological Agency of Russia, Expert of the Diagnostic Committee of the European Cystic Fibrosis Society, Ph.D.
- Elena Kondratyeva, Head of the Registry and head of the Scientific and Clinical Department of Cystic Fibrosis of the Reserch Centre for Medical Genetics, expert of the Committee for Diagnostics and the Registry of the European Society for Cystic Fibrosis, Deputy Director for Research of the State Budgetary Institution of Healthcare “Chilrden’s Clinical Multidisciplinary Center of the Moscow region” of the Moscow region Healthcare Ministry, Holder of an Advanced Doctorate (Doctor of Science), Professor
- Alexander Andreevich Vasin, Head of the Department of Phthisiopulmonology, Kazan State Medical University of the Ministry of Health of Russia, MD
- Elena Vyacheslavovna Vasina, Kinesitherapist of the Department of Cystic Fibrosis of the State Budgetary Institution of Healthcare “Chilrden’s Clinical Multidisciplinary Center of the Moscow region” of the Moscow region Healthcare Ministry
The conference covered 22 topics from 12 speakers, with special focus on: “Differential diagnosis of bronchiectasis of various etiologies”, “Diagnosis of cystic fibrosis”, “Diagnosis of primary ciliary dyskinesia”, “Microbiological diagnosis of the main pathogens of the respiratory tract in bronchiectasis”, “Respiratory support in patients”, “Organization of medical care for patients with chronic lung diseases in the Republic of Tatarstan”, and others.
Discussions including antibiotic therapy for cystic fibrosis, therapy for bronchiectasis, and analysis of clinical cases in targeted therapy for cystic fibrosis were held on symposiums on the first day of conference.
The second day of the conference was followed by the School for Patients with Cystic Fibrosis. More than 30 Kazan children with cystic fibrosis, primary ciliary dyskinesia and bronchiectasis received individual consultations of a pediatrician, pulmonologist-therapist, microbiologist, kinesitherapist, nutritionist, and psychologist.
More details about the conference materials can be found in the report.