On May 20-21, the XV National Congress “Innovative Methods of Cystic Fibrosis Diagnosis and Therapy. A Breakthrough to the Future” was held
On May 20-21, the XV National Congress “Innovative Methods of Cystic Fibrosis Diagnosis and Therapy. A Breakthrough to the Future” with international participation, dedicated to the memory of Prof. N.I. Kapranov was held. The Congress was organized by the Ministry of Health of the Russian Federation, National Public Organization "Russian Society of Medical Geneticists", FSBSI "Medical and Genetic Scientific Centre" with the information support of the Pulmonology journal and Ostrova Charitable Foundation. (https://cysticfibrosis.ru/cysticfibrosis.html).
The number of registered participants was 1229 people, the number of attendees was 911. Participants from Russia - 1165 people, from other countries - 64 people. The leading position according to Federal Districts (as for the registered participants) belonged to the Central Federal District with Moscow and the Moscow Region - 469 people, Privolzhsky Federal District - 163 people, Siberian Federal District - 128 people, and other districts - 469 people. Main specialties of the participants: Genetics - 330, Pediatrics - 198, Internal Medicine - 165, Pulmonology - 105, and other specialties - 113 people.
Total number of presentations made was 118, including 23 poster reports. 12 foreign visitors from 8 countries (Great Britain, the USA, Netherlands, Poland, Germany, Switzerland, Israel, and Belgium) made 13 reports. The Cystic Fibrosis Research and Clinical Department employees made 32 presentations, and the RCMG researchers presented 44 reports and lectures:
А. The Congress was dedicated to the memory of Professor N.I. Kapranov - the founder of the cystic fibrosis school in the Russian Federation. Prior to the Congress, the National Public Organization "Russian Society of Medical Geneticists" adopted the Regulation on the Badge of Honor named after Professor N.I. Kapranov. The first Badge of Honor was presented to Professor N. I. Kapranov's granddaughter Elizaveta. In 2021, the "Ostrova" Charitable Foundation was nominated for the Award of the Badge of Honor. The Badge of Honor was given to Assistant Chairman of the Board of Directors of Ostrova Charitable Foundation - Yu.A. Zaitseva.
The agenda of the XV National Congress included issues on modern approaches to the cystic fibrosis diagnosis, methods to determine CFTR channel function and the use of intestinal organoids for clinical practice, use of CFTR modulators and modern developments to correct the genetic defect, as well as matters of coronavirus infection in cystic fibrosis, transplantation in cystic fibrosis and a number of other problems.
Symposiums focused on the description of genetic variants of the CFTR gene, typical for the RF, from the point of view of various specialists - clinicians, geneticists, specialists in cell technology and functional analysis of the human genome generated particular interest. For the first time at the Congress, there were organized the symposia to discuss 8 dissertations on cystic fibrosis, defended over the past 2 years between congresses. The participants showed great interest in these symposia.
Ten presentations were the winners of the poster session:
- E.V. Stezhkina, V.V. Smirnova, A.A. Rastimeshina. Clinical case of cystic fibrosis with liver cirrhosis (winner of "best clinical case" contest).
- N.I. Barbova. Experience of medical and genetic counseling of families with cystic fibrosis in the Republic of Moldova (winner of "Fidelity to Profession" contest).
- G.R. Ayupova, I.R. Minniakhmetov, S.S. Litvinov, R.I. Khusainova. Spectrum and frequency of mutations in patients with cystic fibrosis from the Republic of Bashkortostan ( 3rd prize).
- V.V. Shadrina, E.I. Kondratieva, E.G. Furman, T.Y. Maksimycheva, V.D. Sherman. Cost of therapy in cystic fibrosis patients in different age groups with regard to respiratory tract infection and complications (3rd prize).
- O.S. Medvedeva, L.R. Avetisyan, M.Y. Chernukha, E.I. Kondratieva, A.Y. Voronkova, V.D. Sherman, S.A. Krasovsky Agr typing of Staphylococcus aureus isolates colonizing respiratory organs of cystic fibrosis patients (3rd prize).
- N.V. Petrova, Y.L. Melyanovskaya, A.Y. Voronkova, E.K. Zhekaite. Clinical and genetic profile of a patient with first described pathogenic variant CFTR p.Asn505His c.1513A>C p.(Asn505His) de novo and functional evaluation of chlorine channel work (2nd prize).
- E.A. Siyanova, M.Y. Chernukha, L.R. Avetisyan, E.I. Kondratieva, A.Y. Voronkova, V.D. Sherman, S.A. Krasovsky. Monitoring of metal-β-lactamase production of Pseudomonas aeruginosa isolated in chronic pulmonary infection in CF patients (2nd prize).
- A.S. Petrov, D.P. Polyakov, E.I. Kondratieva. Prevalence of chronic rhinosinusitis and hearing disorders in children with cystic fibrosis in the Russian Federation according to a survey. (2nd prize).
- E.K. Zhekaite, E.I. Kondratieva, N.A. Ilyenkova, L.Y. Klimov, V.V. Chikunov, V.D. Sherman, Y.L. Melianovskaya, S.V. Dolbnya. Role of antimicrobial peptides in children with cystic fibrosis (1st prize).
- Melianovskaya Y.L., Kondratieva E.I., Voronkova A.Y., Sherman V.D., Zhekaite E.K. Experience in application of the method of determination of intestinal potential difference in Russia (1st prize).
Congratulations to the winners of the poster session.
A Resolution was adopted at the end of the Congress: